Does Vegan Fish Exist?
A lot of scuffle has happened inside the vegetarian movement, as people debated on whether or not vegans and vegetarians could eat fish. I am aware you know, fish are animals, and vegetarians and vegans don’t eat animals, so fish are not vegan. Fish are also able to feel pain, which makes killing them when we don’t need to cruel.
That said, that does not mean that a lot of people haven’t made delicious vegan fish replacements. One good replacement that you can find are Gardein fish-less strips. These are a soy protein that is coated in a breading a deep fried, so it is fairly tasty. Other companies make fish products as well, but this is the only one I know of that tastes this good!
However, if you want to be healthier, you can make your own vegan fish replacements easily. You don’t even need a lot of fancy or hard to find recipes in order to make a great-tasting fishy recipes without the cruelty involved. In fact, let me show you these two vegan fish recipes.
Vegan fish recipes :
1- Vegan Sushi/Salmon
A few tomatoes
1/4thcup Soy Sauce
½ cup Timari
- What you want to do is take the tomatoes and boil them for a hot minute.
- Then take the rest of the ingredients and add them into a bowl for marinade.
- Take the tomatoes out and immediately submerge them in ice water.
- Peel the skin off the tomatoes, cut them in half, remove the innards, and cut into strips.
- Add the tomato strips to the marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Then put the marinated strips on a ball of cooked rice, or add into a sushi burrito, whatever suits your fancy.
2- Vegan Tofu Fried Breaded Fish
- Kelp Powder
- Breadcrumbs (seasoned is best)
- Oil for frying
- Salt (for taste)
- Take the tofu and cut it into a square shape.
- Then take the kelp powder, flour, salt, and some water, and make a batter with them.
- Dip the tofu into the batter, then cover it in the breadcrumbs.
- On medium heat, fry the tofu for several minutes until it becomes a nice golden brown.